Thursday 28 January 2010

My love, my life, my love my wife!

By: Parlousuk

Her face will always be with me, it is a dream divine
She was my love, I loved her so, and she was only mine
And I can see her lovely smile, just as and when I care
For she is ever in my mind, and the memories we share.

It was a lovely summer’s day, the sun shone oh so bright,
The blue skies were so glorious, and were joyful to my sight,
And then I saw her, young and free, a beauty to behold,
There was no doubt; she was mine, for joys to come untold.

We quickly came to friendship, and then as lovers too
Our lives were quickly so entwined, as lovers often do
We soon became inseparable, we vowed to never part
Our minds were tied; we loved as though, we only had one heart.

And so the future opened up, our lives stretched out ahead,
We shared a home, we shared our thoughts, we shared a double bed!
Ere not too long, we soon shared more, we had a baby son
And then we had a baby girl, to add more to our fun.

The days and weeks and then the years, all sped past in a flash,
We thrived on love and did so well; were never short of cash,
We were the envy of our set, we could not want for more
But then as if a cloud appeared, a couple moved next door.

To cut a painful story short, my love began to stray
She was quite taken by this man, I was not asked to stay,
She got court order from a judge, who banned me from my home,
And I was left un-domiciled, to start to write this poem.

The artless lover took my wife; he took my children too,
He took my pride, he stole my life, I knew not what to do,
For I still paid the mortgage, the school fees and the board,
And I still had to pay for me, and so my bank debts soared.

I really did the best I could, to try and to win them back
But he was firmly in control, despite my various tack,
And what had once been such a love, now quickly turned to hate,
Whatever plans I had for us, quite soon became too late.

And so it came before the court, where I would get my chance,
To tell the court what went before, my future to enhance,
However, that was not to be, the mood was clear against me,
It did not look too good for me, I found disconsolately.

And so it came to pass that day, when all was said and done,
I had no home and not a wife, nor daughter or a son,
But strangely and ironically, I was no better yet
For no matter what had happened, I was deeper yet in debt.

And so it does continue on, there is no happy end
I am at loss to know from here, I’m going round the bend,
I do believe my love is lost, but she really went too far,
She got not only house and kids, she got my favourite car.

And thus it’s clear that’s all I’ve got, the picture of my love,
Which I carry in my mind you see, on high and just above,
But you will know that I’m not pleased, I’m really quite bereft
For the image of my love dear friends – is all that’s bloody left!

Copyright © parlousuk 2001

No comments:

Post a Comment