Monday 1 February 2010

Keeping fit is a way of life - and it can be fun ...

Despite having arrived at what some unkind people might describe as "serious old fartdom", I still manage to work out five days a week. I have a quite extensive home gym and do a thorough whole-body weight-training session, of about 75 minutes duration, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I do a cardio-vascular workout of about 45 minutes duration.

During the week I maintain a strictly controlled food and drink intake programme, which reduces caloric ingestion to approximately 1500 calories per day. At the weekends, Friday evening to Sunday lunchtime/afternoon, I drink and eat what I like, including alcohol and most of my favourite foods.

This regimen has been going on for more years than I care to remember, but its enduring quality is that it has kept my weight and body size within managable and cosmetically pleasing limits. It also allows me to be as physically strong as I was when a younger man, with good muscle mass and very pleasing flexibility.

NB
I intend to add to this topic later,but if there is anyone reading who would like some help or advice on fitness and diet, I would be very pleased to assist. Gratis of course! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment